In this blog, we are going to talk about the following:
- What is Meant by angular JS?
- Why do you need to learn angular JS?
- What are the features of Angular JS?
- What are the prerequisites for angular JS?
- What are the steps to get started with angular JS?
- What are the Examples of Angular JS Apps?
- What are the Angular JS challenges?
- What are the Angular JS best practices?
What is meant by angular JS?
It is an ever-evolving framework that helps create better web applications with its advanced features that are added from time to time. Frontend developers mostly prefer angular JS because it is an open-source front-end framework.
Why do you need to learn angular JS?
- Angular apps are error-free, making web development top-notch and highly secure as it is built in with the Typescript language.
- As it offers 2-way binding seamless synchronization between the modes becomes easy.
- Angular JS helps web developers take less time for projects as compared to other frameworks.
- The development time taken using Angular JS is also less because it makes use of HTML in defining the User interface.
What are the features of Angular JS?
The features of angular JS are what make it so popular. The features are as follows:
- Convenient user interface : since HTML is the framework on which angular JS builds the user interfaces it becomes convenient to use as it is declarative language. The user interfaces are so smooth that it makes web development a cakewalk.
- No Additional Components Requirement : The fact that Angular JS is built on the POJO model, itself means that there is no requirement for Additional components for it to integrate with other sources of data.
- Seamless Transition between views/pages : Unlike other single-page applications, the transition between different views/pages or routing is easy because the web developers get to create different views for different URLs.
- Binding that works both ways : By Binding that works both ways Angular JS allows web developers to create templates easily without having to adjust models that are bound with, say, HTML values, manually as the adjustment is automatic.
What are the prerequisites for Angular JS?
Angular JS needs developers to have enough knowledge of the following:
- Functions such as handling errors and events.
- Document Object Model (DOM) basics
- Concepts related to Model-View-Controller
- Node JS and Node Package Manager (npm)
- Angular CLI concepts
- Rx and JS libraries
What should be your system requirements?
- Operating System – Windows 10 and Above
- Storage Space – At least 10 GB
- RAM – 4 GB
- Code Editor – VSCode
- Pre-installed software – Node JS Version 8 or 10
Now, we will learn how you can master the art of front-end development by learning Angular JS in just 8 simple easy-to-understand steps. They are:
- Step 1 – First, check the boxes to learn a few important features such as Architecture, Directives, Modules, and Data Binding Of Angular JS. Doing the same will help you lay the foundation stone to becoming an expert in Angular JS.
- Step 2 – Establish your environment conducive to web development – By establishing a conducive environment, we are referring to the installation of Node JS and other crucial dependencies. A solid environment will help you reach a step further to become an Angular JS expert.
- Step 3 – Let your first Angular JS app come to life – Now at this stage, as you are well aware of structure, controller, and data binding, it’s time to transform your dream into action by creating your first app based on Angular JS.
- Step 4 – Put Angular JS Routing and Navigation into Action – As we have described above, the Angular JS routing tool makes you create a user-friendly website. And, so does the Angular JS navigation tool. Take your web development skills a notch higher with Angular JS routing and navigation.
- Step 5 – Manage your Data with Services – Services are the gifts given by Angular JS to web developers that help them handle data efficiently and make them available in every nook and corner of your website. All you need to do at this step is create services, and manage API calls so that data flows effortlessly and efficiently through your website.
- Step 6 – Leverage Directives to enhance customer experience – With the help of directives, you can expand HTML, and create elements that have dynamic behaviours. You can either utilize simple directives or complex custom elements. When it comes to leveraging directives, the sky is the limit.
- Step 7 – Validate User Inputs and Handle Errors to smoothen out user experience – It is as simple as that because Angular JS has in-built features for the same. Did you notice we are a step closer to becoming an Angular JS Expert?
- Step 8 – Test your Angular JS Application to create an awesome user experience – There is nothing as important in the world as testing and debugging applications for a web developer or to be more specific an Angular JS Application developer.
What are the Examples of Angular JS apps?
Angular JS has been used in various fields such as E-commerce, travel, content portals generated by users, travel, and weather among others. A few of the Angular JS apps are as follows:
- JetBlue Application – JetBlue is a travel app built using Angular JS. It is used for searching for trips, booking, and cancelling flights and trips, and many other similar purposes.
- Weather.com – Another Angular JS application, this is used for forecasting weather.
- Freelancer.com – This is an Angular JS app that connects employers with freelancers. Employers post projects, freelancers bid on them, employers choose the best freelancer for getting the projects done, and release payment.
- Paypal – Paypal is a payment app that makes buying and selling products easy.
- Netflix – Netflix is a video-streaming application built on the powerful Angular JS framework.
What are the Angular JS Challenges?
The challenges are as follows:
- It becomes difficult sometimes for Angular JS apps and websites to handle heavy traffic.
- It requires time to adapt to Angular JS.
- Angular JS apps suffer from the memory leakage issue.
What are the Angular JS Best Practices?
- While writing codes, make use of small but clean functions as they are easy to test and manage.
- Structuring or organizing files should also be on your best practices checklist.
- You can utilize plain HTML so that your Angular JS doesn’t have to depend blindly on Java Script Support. You can also utilize HTML extensions to update the Document Object Model as Angular JS doesn’t write any codes for that.
- Deploy Digest Cycle to ensure overall performance optimization of the Angular JS app.
Angular JS is a powerful framework and can help you bag developer jobs in the IT sector and that too with a handsome pay package. All you need to do is unleash the true power of Angular JS by following the above-mentioned steps and best practices.